Sleeperz Hotels is a fast growing design-led hotel group with properties in Cardiff, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Dundee.
Its aim is to provide consumers with stylish stays for less.
Honeypot Media was hired in 2011 to promote the opening of a new 98-bedroom design-led hotel in Newcastle city centre.
- Generate high quality media coverage, specifically in hospitality & travel trade press, national consumer travel media and North East business and news outlets
- A six month media relations led campaign featured press releases, photo calls, media show rounds, interviews with Sleeperz CEO David Myers and press trips from The Guardian, The Telegraph, Visit England PR and Marketing
- Collaborated locally with NGI (NewcastleGateshead Initiative) the destination marketing agency for the city to promote the hotel launch through its B2B and B2C channels
- More than 70 press cuttings
- BBC Look North TV regional news package – CEO interview with business editor Iain Reeve
- Coverage in Caterer & Hotelkeeper (x4), The Times, The Guardian, Hotel Business Magazine, Buying Business Travel, Business Travel Magazine, Travel Trade Gazette, Travel Weekly, Travel and Leisure Magazine, The Journal, Evening Chronicle, Accent Magazine, North East Times, BQ Magazine and the BDaily Business Network
Following the successful campaign, Honeypot Media was appointed to manage PR and social media for the entire Sleeperz Hotel group and now supports its Sales and Marketing team and four hotels in Newcastle, Cardiff, Dundee and Edinburgh.