ProQuip is the most played golf clothing brand in the history of The Ryder Cup.
Its lightweight rain gear has been chosen by 20 Ryder Cup Teams – European and American – since 1983.
Honeypot Media activated a global PR & Marketing campaign in 2014 to enable ProQuip to benefit commercially from its status as the preferred supplier of weatherwear to the 2014 Ryder Cup Europe team at Gleneagles, Scotland.
- Raise consumer awareness of ProQuip’s status as the preferred supplier of the 2014 European Ryder Cup Team rain suits
- Drive consumer traffic to www.proquipgolf.com
- Drive sales of ProQuip’s Ryder Cup collection – through approved retailers and the official Euroshop on www.rydercup.com
- Inspire interest in & sales of official ProQuip merchandise at The 2014 Ryder Cup merchandise tent at Gleneagles between September 23 – 28, 2014
- Position ProQuip Golf as the experts in the field of golf weatherwear
- OTSH (Opportunity to See and Hear): 25,420,452
- More than 25 million people worldwide (predominantly UK and USA) had the opportunity to see or hear ProQuip’s campaign messages
- 27 pieces of print and online media coverage – including The Scotsman, BBC Scotland, Today’s Golfer, Golf Monthly, Golf World, Golf WRX, Golf Wire, Golf News, Business Quarter, National Club Golfer and Golf Magic
- 300% increase in web traffic to www.proquipgolf.com during ‘Ryder Cup’ week
- 3 x sell through of ProQuip Official Ryder Cup merchandise at the Gleneagles pavilion
- ProQuip appointed official licensee of the 2016 and 2018 Ryder Cup matches
April – September 2014
Advertising – £13,000
PR & Social Media – £10,200
In-kind contributions – £1000 (Visit Scotland)
Total spend – £22,200